Anuncio

Colapsar
No hay anuncios todavía.

Fedor retiene campeonato mundial de sambo.

Colapsar
X

• Filtrar
  • Tiempo
  • Mostrar
Limpiar todos
nuevos mensajes

• Fedor retiene campeonato mundial de sambo.

Fedor Emelianenko won the open-weight division of the 31st Combat Sambo World Championship on Nov. 10 in Prague. With the win, the 31-year-old Russian, widely regarded as the No. 1 heavyweight fighter in the world, defended the title he won two years ago in the Czech Republic capital.

To do so, he had to step on the mats only once. The 220-plus-pound representative from Uzbekistan did not show in Prague, thus giving Fedor a bye to the semifinals. There he quickly took out a Bulgarian fighter via choke to set up a meeting with a Ukrainian competitor in the finals.

Much to Fedor's chagrin, the Ukrainian fighter, who had defeated UFC veteran Kristof Midoux in the other semifinal, did not turn up either, handing Fedor the victory.

The win gives the member of Red Devil Sport Club his fourth world championship medal in combat sambo, a sport not unlike mixed martial arts. Victory can be achieved by submission and by points scored for throws and activity. With a total of 10 championship medals in Russian, European and world competition, Fedor has become one of the most successful fighters ever in the sport.

His participation in the competition, which with 780 representatives from 45 countries was by far the biggest of its kind, had been one of the sticking points on why the undefeated PRIDE heavyweight champion turned down a very lucrative offer to fight in the UFC. Instead he opted for a contract with newly established promotion M-1 Global, which allowed him to compete on Saturday.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Estoy buscando los videos por todos lados pero no encuentro nada, si alguien tiene algo de info se agradeceria ;)

Re: Fedor retiene campeonato mundial de sambo.

Otro mas.. y hostia el Midoux en una semifinal???

Comentario

The industry pioneer in UFC, Bellator and all things MMA (aka Ultimate Fighting). MMA news, interviews, pictures, videos and more since 1997.

Originally posted on Fedor's site forum in Russian by one of the moderators:

My rough translation:

Here is an excerpt from new edition of "Sport-Express" (I'm guessing a newspaper there)

EMELIANENKO BECAME WORLD CHAMPION IN 40 SECONDS

The showing of famous Russian fighter Fedor Emelianenko became an icing on the cake of recently concluded World Combat Sambo Championship in Prague. In Quaterfinals the Russian was supposed to fight Uzbek Samad Rustamov, who chose for the better to leave the tournament.

Bulgarian Yancho Dmitrov turned out to be more principal: he came out against Emelianenko, but lasted only 40 seconds. Russian sambo fighter put up a series of strong punches to the head, then threw his opponent using a "over the hip" move and finished the fight with a choke.

And, finally, a Ukrainian Vladimir Bageza also removed himself from the final bout, satisfied with silver. It turned out that Emelianenko won the world championship practically in 40 seconds.

He commented on his showing in Prague: "The fourth gold medal of world championship turned out to be the most unusual. For the first time in my career I met with total refusal of my opponents to step out on to the mat. I admit, that there were similar situations before, when my opponents asked to hit softer to the head, to avoid unwanted injuries. There were refusals on Russian championships. And on world champiionship in 2002, after it became known that I would be competing for gold, 7 opponents immediately left the tournament. But what happened in Prague never happened to me before."

Comentario

Excelente Atleta, ante todo.

Esperemos verlo pronto en accion.

Saludos.

Comentario

no se si lo he entendido bien, pero SE HAN RETIRADO TODOS (menos dos) a los que se tenia que enfrentar por miedo??

deberian cambiar el nombre del deporte por fedorsambo
          "Things you focus on will grow bigger, so focus on positivity" Marloes Coenen
          sigpic

Comentario

jajajajajajaja si eso es verdad seria la ostia nueva modalidad de "FEDORSAMBUTSU" es el puto amo, ojala se enfrente a Randy
            http://openmindbjj.blogspot.com/

Comentario

m habria gustado verlo en ufc, a ver como sale lo d m1.

Comentario

ains mi Fedor.....que campeón está.... es el único que me da ánimos para seguir teniendo la barriga jamonera

Comentario

Salió Fedor en el último episodio (el 11, creo) de Human Weapon, que iba sobre Combat Sambo. Muy guapo.

Fedor sólo tuvo que pelear una vez para retener el titulo mundial, la gente se retira para no pelear con él... por algo será :D

Comentario

No lo entiendo. Yo lucharia igual, aunque tuviera todas las de perder. Al fin y al cabo en una lucha, aunque sea de sambo, pueden pasar cualkier cosa...

Comentario

Fedor sólo tuvo que pelear una vez para retener el titulo mundial, la gente se retira para no pelear con él... :o :o :o, ¿la gracia de ir a un mundial es pelear con los mejores y demostrar lo que vales, no?

Comentario

Hombre el problema del combat sambo es que prácticamente se reduce a los paises de la antigua URSS. Fedor es una estrella, y el combat sambo se parece muy mucho a las mma. Supongo que hab

Comentario

Pues si, dice q alguna vez le habian pasado cosas parecidas (como que su rival le pidiese no golpear fuerte en la cabeza para evitar lesiones), pero nunca tan exagerado como en esta ocasión.

Comentario

No se ... Me parece rarisimo que esos hombretones del este no se atrevan a luchar .....

Comentario

pues eso dice mucho a favor de fedor pero muy poco acerca del resto
                              "Things you focus on will grow bigger, so focus on positivity" Marloes Coenen
                              sigpic

Comentario

Trabajando...
                              X