Colapsar
X

• Filtrar
  • Tiempo
  • Mostrar
Limpiar todos
nuevos mensajes

• Entrevista Marcus Aurelio

Bushido 10 Preview - ATT's Marcus 'Maximus' Aurelio Submitted by: Denis Martins Posted On 03/21/2006 Taken from ADCC website

The 'Cearense Samurai' from ATT, Marcus 'Maximus' Aurelio, has the most important fight in his MMA career on April 2nd at Bushido 10 at Ariake Colosseum, when he faces the number one Japanese Lightweight fighter, Takanori Gomi. Aurelio showed during this interview all of his feelings about facing the best fighter in the world and how he is preparing himself for a war in this fight.

DENIS MARTINS: Did you think you showcased all of your game against Jutaro Nakao at the Bushido 8 event?Marcus Aurelio: The fight against Nakao displayed a few of my main points that I wanted to show to Gomi. In that fight, I had a broken nose and broken hand. My face was bleeding a lot and I didn't stop attacking Nakao. In the fight against Gomi, it is do-or-die.

DENIS MARTINS: What do you mean by 'main points'? Marcus Aurelio: Tought training and my heart.

DENIS MARTINS: What kept you away from fighting, your hand or nose injury? Marcus Aurelio: My injured hand. I had surgery on it and due to rehabilitation, I stayed away from the Bushido GP event.

DENIS MARTINS: So, is this fight against Gomi a way of erasing your frustrations in not fighting in the GP? Marcus Aurelio: This is my chance of being rewarded. If I beat the champion of the GP, I can feel like I myself won the grand final.

DENIS MARTINS: Is this the ultimate time to find out the truth (about your) against Gomi? Marcus Aurelio: This is a big accomplishment of my dreams and my life, which I have dedicated to the martial arts. I started training at age 9 and I always waited for this moment. For me, it does not matter what happens, but I promise that 'this is to kill or be killed'. A lot of people will be surprised.

DENIS MARTINS: Is this your deep feeling, to kill or be killed? Marcus Aurelio: I'm comfortable for a war. To fight against the number one fighter in the world in my weight class is everything that I ever wanted to prove my value. Nowadays, he is the 'oni' (Japanese Monster) and I'm going to be the Cearense Samurai who is going to exorcise him.

DENIS MARTINS: Last year, you stated that Kawajiri could surpass expectations at Bushido, but he lost to Gomi. What did you think about their fight in Bushido? Marcus Aurelio: Kawajiri did not adopt the correct strategy, and was beaten. So, credit to Gomi. The Bushido event is the best thing ever made for the lightweights, the masterpiece of MMA events.

DENIS MARTINS: What are the key points to overcome Gomi? Marcus Aurelio: 'Balls', heart, too much training, and strategy. Overall, you have to know what you want in your life, and I want to be the number one fighter in my weight class.

DENIS MARTINS: Gomi has fast hands with sharpened boxing skills. What are you doing to train on the feet to prepare? Marcus Aurelio: I am doing a lot of boxing with my coach, Howard Davis Jr., a gold medalist in the 1976 Olympic games.

DENIS MARTINS: When have you been preparing for this fight? Marcus Aurelio: Since 9 years old, when I started in jiu-jitsu.

DENIS MARTINS: Gomi has beaten seven different Brazilian fighters. Do you think the Brazilians feel like you could be the Brazilian avenger? Marcus Aurelio: I know that a lot of fighters have refused to fight Gomi, but for me it is nothing more than what I have always dreamed of in my career. I fight for my family, for my country, for my team, and for my honor. I will kill or die.

DENIS MARTINS: Do you think that if you win this fight, a re-match for the title is guaranteed for you? Marcus Aurelio: I believe this as fact, but the most important thing is that I am going to fight the number one fighter. If I win, it is nearly a guarantee that I would get a re-match for the belt.

DENIS MARTINS: All Brazilian and foreign personal fans will be rooting for you. What is your message to the fans? Marcus Aurelio: I was born in Ceara, a Brazilian region where eating is not a privilege for every resident in the area. This is a state situation in Northeastern Brazil, where the conditions of living are very low and people keep overcoming problems every day. I am a warrior; my life was never an easy one, and I battled against life's adversities to arrive where I am at now. I promise my all against Gomi and I want to ask people to trust my words. I want to thank God, my family, my team (ATT), my coaches (Ricardo Liborio, Davi Jr., BENKEI, Dan Lambert, Marcus 'Conan' Silveira, and Marcelo Silveira).
    props ATT @ UF
    To Perita Style

Entrevista Marcus Aurelio

gracias snk

Comentario

eskerrikasko

Comentario

Ese tio es una máquina, el problema es que Gomi pega muy duro. Que tenga suerte y le salga un buen combate.

Comentario

Pues si q las ha pasao putas en la vida, no para de repetir q va a salir a matar o a morir en el intento y q lleva muchos años esperando este momento. Espero q esté preparado para soportar el vendaval de golpes de Gomi y gane el combate.
          Me cae fatal el japo...

Comentario

Por???? En tiempos shooto lo entiendo pero ahora?¿
            To Perita Style

Comentario

Trabajando...
            X